Mold Remediation by ServiceMaster Clean DCS (800) 843-8415. The key to mold control is moisture control. Mold remediation removal services Palatine, IL
If you have an allergy that never ends when seasons change, you may be allergic to the spores of molds or other fungi. Molds live everywhere, and disturbing a mold source can disperse the spores into the air. Indoors, fungi grow in damp areas, particularly in the bathroom, kitchen or basement.
The key to mold control is moisture control. Solve moisture problems before they become mold problems!
Why is it a problem?
The colored, fuzzy growth on the surface of a wall, floor, ceiling or other indoor surface is obviously very objectionable.
Active mold colonies usually emit a very unpleasant, musty odor.
Because the job of mold is to digest, decay and recycle dead organic matter, it will eventually destroy whatever surface it grows on.
Exposure to mold spores can cause mild to severe allergic reactions, depending on individual sensitivity.
Mold Removal by ServiceMaster Clean DCS (800) 843-8415. The key to mold control is moisture control. Mold remediation removal and cleaning services Palatine, IL
Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. However, when spores are present in large quantities, they are a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. The term "toxic mold" refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as , not to all molds.
Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily workplace exposure, can be particularly harmful.
Symptoms of Mold Exposure
Nasal and sinus congestion, runny nose
Eye irritation, such as itchy, red, watery eyes
Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, chest tightness
Skin irritation, such as a rash